Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hola! I'm finally in Guatemala at La Casa de Sion (which means "House of Zion" in Spanish). On my flight from Atlanta to Guatemala City I sat next to this adorable 6-year-old guatemalan boy. His name is Elver Reyes; you can see a picture of him below.

The culture here is way different than in the US. Dogs roam the streets alone, pedestrians do NOT have right of way, and if you thought drivers were aggressive in Boston, come to Guatemala and you will thank that car next to you for cutting you off. Not sure if that made much sense but oh well. On the way to Los Robles I saw a van pulled off to the side of the road because a tree branch had fallen on its windshield and smashed it to pieces. All the windows in Guatemala that I've seen thus far have bars on them, apparently to protect from theives.
The landscape here is very beautiful. Below is a picture taken from the taxi on the way to Panajachel:

And also a picture of me with my taxi driver, Florencio:

Finally one taken at the very beginning at the airport with beautiful Ileana Paredes:

Well thats all for now, I'll try to post often so check back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment